Wild Honey comes from the nectar of wildflowers and hence the name. The taste and composition are said to change with the seasons. What doesn’t change is the endless list of benefits.
1. When we consume honey as a sweetener, we might not realize we are consuming minerals, vitamins and antioxidants as well.
Honey is rich in vitamin C, vitamin B2, B3, B5 and B6, calcium, iron, potassium, magnesium and zinc. All of which is vital for the body.
Honey has anti-viral, anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties as well.
In simpler terms, consumption of honey promotes digestive health, fights indigestion, strengthens the immune system and protects the body from conditions like heart disease and cancer.
2. Wild honey helps in curing cough and acts as a soothing agent for sore throats. It is scientifically proven that honey helps those suffering from an upper respiratory infection.
3. During allergy season, a few teaspoons of raw honey couple of times a day prevents the allergy symptoms and helps in treating the allergies.
4. Wild honey has antibacterial properties, and hence is acts as a good healing agent. It treats wounds from abrasions, surgery, bed sores, infections and ulcers. It helps curing sunburns as well. The best part is it does so with little to no scarring. Wild honey is an antiseptic too and prevents the growth of harmful microorganisms.
5. Wild honey is really good for your skin. From treating acne to preventing premature ageing, honey is very beneficial. We’ll get down to the nitty-gritty details in our next blog post.
Honey and Spice gives you the purest Wild Honey fresh from the honeycomb. We don’t pasteurise, heat or process the honey. As a result, in the honey dwell all its beneficial antioxidants, vitamins, nutrients and enzymes.