VARUTHARACHA SAMBAR RECIPE | KERALA SAMBAR RECIPEJune 26, 2016
Pepper Chicken LegsJune 27, 2016
Chicken – 750 g, cut into small pieces
Garlic – 5 cloves
Coriander powder – 2 tbsp
Red chili powder – 2 tbsp
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Fennel seed – 1 tsp
Lime juice / vinegar – 1 tsp
For the gravy
Tomato – 2, big sized (or 3 medium sized), sliced, use red ripened tomatoes for this curry
Chili powder – half tsp, for a reddish color only
Shallots – 2 tsp, chopped, for tempering
- Make a fine paste of all those ingredients given under chicken marination in a grinder. Marinate the chicken pieces with this marinade and set aside.
- Now heat a non stick vessel and add oil. When hot, add the thinly sliced tomatoes to it and saute for a while. Close the lid and let it cook well until mushy or oil separates ( it means the oil must float on the top of the gravy) . When done, add chili powder ,salt and give a fine mix. Transfer it to a plate.
- Now to the same vessel, add the marinated chicken and let it cook in a medium flame (no need of adding water and oil). When chicken is 90% done, add the prepared tomato gravy and mix well. Let it cook again for 10 minutes or until oil separates.
- Check for salt and add chopped coriander leaves.
- Heat oil in a pan, saute chopped shallots until golden and then add curry leaves to it. Pour this tempering over the prepared curry.
- Delicious, quick, no onion tomato curry ready.
- Serve along with dosa, puri, roti, or any Indian bread.