1. Grind the red chilies and cashewnuts to a fine paste.
2. To the mutton apply the ginger – garlic paste and beaten curd. Set aside.
3. Heat 4 tablespoons ghee and fry the red chili masala.
4. Add the marinated mutton, ¼ of the fried onion, one teaspoon garam masala and salt to taste.
5. Keep frying till ghee separates. Add 1½ cups warm water.
Pressure cook till tender.
6. Heat dekchi, add 1 tbsp ghee and fry the sabut masala.
7. Add the rice and fry a little. Add the green chilies and salt to taste.
8.Add enough warm water. Cook till rice is done, remove and spread on a thali, discarding the whole masala.
9. Mix together the chopped kothmir, pudina, garam masala and fried onion.Set aside.
10.Take a heavy bottlomed dekchi and line it with ghee.
11.Spread a layer of rice and cover it with half of the mutton.
Sprinkle half of the pudina / kothmir mixture and juice of 1 lime.
12.Cover with rice, followed by a mutton layer. Finish with a
13.Sprinkle the rice with saffron milk and dot with ghee.
14.Cover tightly and place over a griddle for dum for 20 minutes. Serve hot, garnished with eggs cut into halves.