Eggplant( Brinjal)- spring Onion CurryJune 6, 2012
Carrot PickleJune 6, 2012
- 1/2 bunch chopped Spinach / paalak
- 1 Cup whole Green Moong ( pressure cooked – 4-5 Whistels)
- 1 large Tomato chopped
- 1 medium Onion chopped
- 2 cloves of Garlic chopped
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 2 chopped Green Chilies ( to taste)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Chili powder ( optional)
- Pinch of hing / asafoetida
- 1 tsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp Lime juice
- Heat Oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, Green chilies, Garlic, Hing and Turmeric powder. Saute for 10 sec.
- Add chopped Onion and Tomato. Saute for 2 min. Then add chopped Spinach, again saute for 2-3 min.
- Now add the cooked Green Moong, salt and Red chili powder. Add some water if required.
- Cook for another 5-10 min on a medium heat.
- Finally add Lime juice and mix well.
- You can finish off with some chopped Coriander leaves if you like.
- Serve hot with Chapati or plain Rice.