Carrot PickleJune 6, 2012
MICROWAVE PANEER RECIPEJune 6, 2012
Here is an easy Chutney powder recipe for you all. It goes very well with Dosa, Idly, chapathi etc. Give it a try have fun..
Preparation time: 25-30 min
Yeild: about 3 cups of Chutney powder.
- 1 cup chana dal / yellow split peas
- 1 cup Urid dal / Black gram dal
- 1 tbsp roasted chana dal/ Dalia/ roasted yellow split peas.
- 1/2 cup curry leaves washed
- 4-5 whole red Chilies OR 1 tbsp Red Chili powder ( to taste)
- 1 tsp Tamarind ( to taste)1 tsp Sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- Pinch of Hing/ asafoetida
- Pinch of Turmeric powder
- Dry roast Yellow split peas, Black Gram dal, roasted chana dal, whole red Chilies, Curry leaves and roasted channa dal separately. Allow to cool.
- Now take the roasted spices, Tamarind, salt and sugar in a blender and blend into fine powder.
- Now heat the Oil in a pan, add mustard seeds. Once the mustard seeds splutter switch of the flame, add Coriander powder, Cumin powder, Asafoetida and Turmeric powder. Mix well. Pour on ground mixture and mix well again.
- Store it in a dry air tight container.
- serve with Ghee/ clarified butter, Yogourt or Coconut Oil.
Note: You do not have to fry if you are using red Chili powder.