Spinach-Green Moong FryJune 6, 2012
Chutney Pudi / PowderJune 6, 2012
This is one of the outcomes of experiments in my kitchen. I didnt know its going to be a success. We can prepare this pickle in 15 mins and can be served on the same day. Hmm, adjusting the salt was a very tricky task for me, succeeded after adding for several times. I had to prepare curd / yogourt rice for an occasion. I took this pickle along with yogourt rice. Everyone liked it. Give it a try. Have fun…
Preparation time: 15 min
Yeild: Approximately 700 gms.
- 3 medium size Carrot
- 2 tbsp Green Chilies chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Ginger
- 1 large Yellow Lemon chopped( optional)
- 1/4 cup large lemon squeezed (plz see the note)
- 3/4 Red Chili powder( I used 1/2 cup regular and 1/4 cup extra hot chili powder)
- salt to taste ( about 5 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp whole Fenugreek seeds / Methi seed
- 1 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing
- 2 tbsp cooking Oil
- Cut the Carrot into 1 inch long slightly thin slices( you can cut however you want, but do not make too small pieces).
- Heat the Oil in a griddle. Add mustard seeds and Fenugreek seeds. Once the Fenugreek seed starts changing the colour to light brown add chopped Green Chilies, grated ginger. Saute for a min. Add Turmeric powder and Hing. Saute for 40 secs.
- Add chopped Carrot, saute for about a min.
- Now add the Red Chili powder and salt to taste. Add about a cup of water. Add chopped lemon. Mix well and bring into boil. Do not cook for long time. Carrot should be crunchy.
- Add the lemon juice and cook for 1 more min.
- Allow to cool. Transfer into a bottle and refrigerate.
You can skip the chopped Lemon if you do not like it. But,substitute chopped lemon with its juice.