Egg RollMay 30, 2012
Kadgaayi/Cut Mango Pickle( South Indian style)May 31, 2012
- 1 cup Basmathi rice( soaked in water for 30 min)
- 1 cup Cauliflower florets
- 1 cup Soya chunks
- 1 medium Potato Chopped
- 1/2 cup Beans chopped
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1/2 cup Mint leaves chopped
- 1 Bay leaf
- 4 Cardamum
- 4 Cloves
- 1/2 cup Yogurt
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 2-3 green Chillies
- 2 tsp Oil
- 3-4 strands fo Saffron soaked in Water
- 2 tbs veg Biriyani powder
- Salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a heavy large Pan. Add the Bay leaf,Cardamom, Cloves, chopped Onion and Ginger-Garlic paste.Saute for 3-4 min.
- Add the Cauliflower, Beans, chopped Potato, green Chillies and Mint leaves,saute for 5 min.
- Boil the Soya chunks in Water and drain in the mean while.
- Add Yogurt, salt and Biryani powder.Then add Soya chunks.Just bring to boil.( half cook)
- Cook the soaked rice to 80%.
- Pour the rice on top of the half cooked vegetables and spread evenly.
- Pour the saffron water.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook for 7-8 min on a medium to low heat.
- Serve hot with Onion raitha
Note:Adding half cup of chopped Coriender leaves makes the Biriyani even more tastier.I skipped it.