Apple ShakeApril 26, 2012
Potato- Peas CurryApril 27, 2012
- 1 lb. fish
- 2-inch ginger (peeled, cut into thin strips)
- 1 stalk scallion (cut into 2-inch length and then into thin strips)
- Oil for deep frying
Soy Sauce Mixture:
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Shaoxing wine
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 dashes white pepper powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Remove scales, gills, and clean the fish thoroughly. Pat dry with paper towels. In a small bowl, mix the soy sauce mixture and set aside.
- Heat up a big wok with enough oil to deep fry the fish, or use a deep fryer. Deep fry the fish until golden brown and crispy. Transfer out to a serving plate.
- In a wok, add 1 tablespoon of cooking oil. When it’s hot, stir-fry the ginger strips until golden brown and transfer out. Using the same oil, add the soy sauce mixture until it boils.
- Pour the soy sauce over the fish and garnish with the fried ginger strips and scallions.
- Serve immediately with steamed white rice.