KulfiApril 23, 2012
Chicken Pot PieApril 23, 2012
- 2 cups paya Yakhni
- 1 kg. mutton or chicken, cut into pieces
- 2 medium onions
- 2 tsp. coriander powder
- 1-12 red chilly powder
- 1/2 tsp. black cumin
- 8-10 clove
- 1 tsp. whole black paper
- 8-10 green cardamoms
- 3 tbsp. garlic ginger paste
- 12 tsp. turmeric powder
- 12 cup ghee or oil
- 2 cups yogurt (dahi)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 14 cup flour dissolved in 1-cup cold water
- 2 tbsp. coriander leaves
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 1 inch piece ginger, cut into thin strips for garnishing
- dough paste( atte ki laip) for sealing handi
- Heat oil or ghee in a handi (earthenware pot) and fry onions to a golden color, remove onions with a slotted spoon and grind to a smooth paste.
- Meanwhile add cloves, cardamoms and black paper to the oil and fry for few seconds. Add meat, turmeric, coriander, garlic ginger and onion paste. Stirring frequently fry the meat for about 5-8 minutes.
- Add dahi, chilli powder, salt and fry for 5 more minutes.
- Add paya yakhni, and bring to a boil. While stirring frequently pour the flour mixture in a thin stream.
- Add 4-5 cups of water, cover with a tight fitting lid and seal with dough paste (Atte ki laip) 6. Cook over low heat for about 1 hour or till done.
- When ghee float on top, sprinkle garam masala. Garnish with coriander leaves, green chili and ginger
- Serve with Nan or chapati